Sunday 2 September 2007

Wonderful Wedding

We went to a lovely wedding in Leicestershire yesterday. The wedding was of a family friend, Max, who I have known for 25 years. His sister was a bridesmaid at my wedding 6 years ago and sang during the signing of the register. It was a lovely day, as although the weather was a bit mixed it remained dry and warm enough. My whole family were there, so we had lunch in the local pub, got changed in the ladies loos(!) and headed to the church. Mother very kindly volunteered to look after Alex during the service so that I could go into the church. They sat in the porch where Mother could see and hear everything, and Alex was pretty quiet during it. The service was beautiful, and Emma, the bride was so overcome with emotion that she almost couldn't say her vows. Susie, the grooms sister, sang during the signing of the register and it was beautiful. Formal photos outside the church were followed by a marquee reception on the cricket pitch of the neighbouring village. It was lovely to spend time catching up with some old friends from Somerset and the grooms family. Alex was a star, and only cried twice, when everyone shouted for the group photo and when everyone clapped the bride and groom as they entered for dinner. My sister-in-law, Nel and my nephew, Daniel waiting outside the church for the bride to arrive.
Emma and her father arrive at the church, followed by the bridesmaids.
Just Married! The Bride and Groom leave the church first.
The formal photos - Max, Emma and Max's family.
Max's sister, Susie, and her father, Simon chatting to Somerset friends.
Susie, and her Mum, Yvonne, hug after the service.
Throwing of the confettie (Rose petals) - the wind blew it over the guests more than the bride and groom!
Dad, Andy (my brother) and Daniel (my nephew) outside the church
Alex and myself having a lovely cuddle outside church
Max and Emma arrive at the reception - don't you love the car!
A family portrait - Me, Dad, Mother and Andy.
Alex makes a friend over dinner.

I am totally exhausted today mind you, and have spent the day gently catching up on things that needed doing, housework, washing, cooking, garden tidying (only a very little bit!) and on all the chat on the forum. Alex managed to roll over from his back to his front this morning, and then got very frustrated because he was then stuck!
I received 4 ATCs in the post yesterday as well... these two are from Margaret Barwick and follow a fashion theme. I love the way she has hand-drawn the handbags.
The other two are from Joanne Browne, and funnily enough the bride is very appropriate for where I was yesterday...it is a lovely and romantic ATC, and I just love the look on the naughty kittens face in the other one. I have a long list of cards to make and so hopefully I will be crafting again tomorrow and will post some of my cards for you to see then. More soon.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're building a nice collection of ATCs here Caro.

Lovely wedding pics and your new outfit looks lovely.

TFS.

Glad you had a good time. The bride and her entourage look gorgeous.

xxxxxxxxx