Tuesday 11 September 2007

Fun time!

Alex with his sun hat on ready for our walk
Today was a lovely free day with nothing major planned as I was taking the day off work. We went for a gentle stroll through the trees and Alex entertained us beautifully as always by gurgling and chatting. Tim had a cream cake craving so we went to the cafe and found Bakewell and treacle tarts instead...very naughty, but extremely nice! I have made the most of today by playing with Alex and experimenting with a new stamp that Tim gave me of a chinese dragon as shown below.
This first experiment is a card for the Wednesday Stampers challenge from last week which was to stamp onto mulberry paper and to use it in a card. I stamped the Chinese Dragon image onto mulberry paper and layered this onto glossy card that I had given an inkwash background and then stamped the Chinese lettering on for a background. This panel was edged with light and darkblue ink and then mounted onto dark blue card before mounting onto the light blue card blank. This again is a break from my usual style and I feel it has been quite effective. I would love to know what you think.
I made two ATCs in the same colours using the same ink washed background. One of them had the Chinese lettering stamped in the background and a blue dragon, the other had a gold dragon and a hand drawn Yin-Yan symbol.
Finally, I made a further ATC which had a resist technique as its base with butterscotch Adirondack ink and hearts, the card was edged with gold and had some gold doodling on it. The dragon was stamped in red and then the clear areas coloured with gold pen.
Back to work tomorrow, so must stop here. More soon.
Love,
Caro
x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow fantastic Work.

Andrea, said...

Great cards, love the dragon

Dymphie said...

Great cards. Love the asian theme you used.